Saturday, December 18, 2010

It Is Time To Trust Again

So many people these days have too many reasons not to trust anyone, and they are probably all good ones in one sense.  I used to be there.  But, I have come to the conclusion, that when you don't trust anyone for anything  (usually because someone has shown you that you can't trust that person) we tend to try and do all things on your own.  We cannot need anyone, because it will make us vulnerable again.  So, nobody can get it done like we can, because nobody will care about us as much as we do.  Well, the problem with that is we have certain trade-offs with that kind of perspective.

For example, the only way that nobody can hurt you is for nobody to be able to get to you, reach you.  So, you have a choice to put everyone in a prison behind bars so to speak, which is not realistic.  That's a lot of people!  OR, the other choice we make is the easier one, and the silent one.  We protect ourselves by placing ourselves behind bars.  We place ourselves in a prison and the bars are the very lies we have bought and placed high value on.  We become the biggest skeptic of all ways, forms, visions, directions, leaders, and even God. That way, NOBODY can EVER get in to hurt me.  Yet you are all alone at your own hand.

I pose to you this.  You have someone who knows everything you have been going through, because He can slip right through the bars.  He has been through every human emotion, human disappointment, human failure, human betrayal, and human loneliness you have and can possibly imagine.  He knows where you are.  So, you may say, "What good is it to trust if you know you are going to be let down by others?"  I get that a lot.  My answer is simple.  "What good is it to protect your heart so much, that you can't live in freedom at all?" It comes down to this.  Who do you trust?  The very protection of your heart can be a barrier to the very One who IS your Protector.  Is imprisoning your own heart, and limiting yourselves to others really the best answer?  Better than running to the remotest parts of the desert to build your safe place, alone, is running to the One who has been "in your shoes", and knows how to help you.  His name is Jesus.  He has been there all along.  The Bible says He bore all sins of man.  He took it all, every manipulation, every deceit, every lie, every accusation, every wound, every painful memory, every condemning thought, every judgment, everything!  And with the greatest act of compassion man has ever received, God answered His prayer and forgave man, and gave him access to intimacy with Him under a new covenant, or testament.  He also offers the same compassion to you to forgive.  I have learned this in my life through my own trials, my own seasons of betrayal, and my own seasons of letting them go.  The Word says, "For the joy set before Him, He endured the Cross.  What is that joy?  I know it was to be with His Father in Heaven for one, but I personally believe also it was you and me.  WE are the joy that He hoped for when He endured the Cross.  He has the power to defeat anything, and all things that currently defeating you even as you read this.

Just a thought I had this rainy day in LA.  Should I live in fear of being wounded, because of all those who have wounded me, or should I give them the One who made them, let Him come and heal my heart, and trust Him to get me back on my feet in His freedom? I choose to trust Him to protect me, and I choose to be fully alive.  I choose to be confident in who I am, because who I am is completely found in Him, not man.  I trust Him with my life!  Can you say that?

Kenny

1 comment:

  1. no man is an island, in and of ourselves.
    we need one another.
    come let us reason that, hurts, disappointments, let down's, etc. are unavoidable in natural relationships.
    i've lived life both self sufficiently and also grace sufficiently.

    ~ me thinks, me likes living life grace sufficiently, best.

    i chose to live my life trusting Him and giving Him all honor and glory in all outcomes.

    blessings.

    a.

    ReplyDelete