Sunday, February 13, 2011

Salvation @ 35,000 Feet

Last week, I was in Costa Rica, and had an amazing time with the staff and students at the YWAM base there, as I just shared with all of you in my last blog. What I didn't share with you yet about that trip has to do with my trip home. I was originally scheduled to fly home by way of Houston. Because of the snow storm over alf the country however, Houston airport shut down. I had to fly through Newark, New Jersey. So, from San Jose, Costa Rica to Newark. Ten from Newark to Los Angeles. Ahhhh! I was bummed but at least I could get home. I was counting my blessings when the Lord spoke to me to be alert and ready, because He was going to lead someone to me so I could listen to them and lead them to Him. I couldn't wait!

From Cota Rica to Newark, nothing happened. I met people here and there, but clearly not anything like I sensed from the Lord. I waited. I got off my flight in Newark, and quickly boarded my plane bound for Los Angeles. As I was getting on the plane, a male flight attendant greeted me as I went to take my seat. Instantly, I knew that I was to speak to this man. I prayed, and I felt like God told me that this man would come to me. So, I waited. We too off, and by the time we were a few minutes in the air, I absolutely fell sound asleep. A hour later, I woke up and watched a movie. After the movie was over, we were right at half-way to Los Angeles. Well, to be honest, I had to stretch my legs, and to go to the bathroom as well. As I walked to the back of the plane, I saw there was a small line for me to wait in. I waited, and as I became te next one in line, I waited just beside where this man was seated. He noticed I was wearing a Costa Rica hat, and spoke to me, asking if I were from there. Examined to him that I was teaching missionaries abou God, their identity in Him, and their purpose on this earth to know Him, His ways, and then to give Him away to all who don't know Im yet. I shared that I am a musician, and we do concerts, and raise awareness for orphans, prostitution ministries, homeless ministries, home building initiatives, and other platforms to give Christ's love away. He asked how did I come to end up doing this? I shared with him my testimony of a life of rejection, insecurity, loneliness, hurt, and fear of never eing loved that drove me into a life of drugs, partying, and ultimate despair. I shared how God was my Hero, my Rescuer, my Savior, and my Lord. He stopped me, and asked me to come to the center of the plane wit him.

It was there that he told me that he lost his wife the year before to a heart attack. He shared that he was so lonely and at he cannot trust people. He asked me to help him. I told him that the only answer I could give Him IS the only answer there is. I asked Him if he wanted to give his life to Jesus as is, and told him that Jesus loved him as is. I told Him that Jesus was with us at 35,000 feet, and that He so wanted to live with him forever. My friend began to weep a deep sob of loss for his wife, and then a deeper sob of a little boy who just wanted to be loved by someone who would not leave him. I prayed with him, and he gave his life to Jesus right there in the center galley, by a new line of people waiting to go to the bathroom.

Lord, thank you for my friend, and I pray that he comes to know as I know you. As my Father, who will never leave me. Who will always love me, and work all things for good over me. Thank you for using me to bring your son home. I ready for your next kid. Use me!!

Your son, Kenny

2 comments:

  1. God is Awesome!!! Go Jesus Go Jesus Go!! ;) That is so great and you are a powerful filled vessel! Your testimony spurs me on to do great and mighty things as he called us to in his name. The fields are ripe and ready!

    Blessing,

    Jayme

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful example of perfect orchestration! Thank you Father, for so loving this hurting man that you would go to such links to have your love presented to him. Protect and surround him now Lord... In your Son's name and for your glory.

    Christi

    ReplyDelete