Tuesday, February 14, 2012

YWAM Catalina Island

A few weeks ago, I had the privilege and honor to speak in the first Discipleship Training School for the brand new YWAM Orange County base located on Catalina Island.  The school is being hosted by a marine biology camp for boy and girl scouts.  There are 12 weeks in these Discipleship Training Schools (DTS's) and my week to teach was the 2nd week.

As soon as I arrived, I could feel a bit of tension in the air, and it was very difficult to actually understand what to teach on.  I had my notes from my studies and preparation, but I wanted to just come and learn the students, meet the students where they are, and teach them from that place.  There seemed to be quite a bit of "interference" to anything of clarity for two days, UNTIL.... a dream.

In the dream, I heard snakes all around me.  I couldn't see them, but I could most definitely hear that they were coming from under the individual cabins used by so many scouts and travelers over the last 25 years as they come to partake in the camp.  In the dream, I went out into the main open area in front of the camp entrance, and I could hear the snakes hissing from my left all the way around to my right.  From this dream, I was able to discern many things that we as a school were to come against in Jesus' name.  This was an opportunity for God to reveal His power.

The next day, we came against lies spoken over our own life, and then spoke His truth and identity over each and every one of us.  Then, we broke off in teams, and went to anoint every doorpost, and proclaim in spoken and written form the Word of God over our dorms.  We consecrated these cabins to the Lord.  It was powerful.  Then, when we came back to the classroom, I began to learn of many nightmares and attacks in the night that several of the students had been having since they arrived.  One in particular, was a very tall young man who was deeply disturbed by his nightmares.  That night however, they all slept like babies!!
Next day, there seemed to be a momentum in this breakthrough.  Holy Spirit began to heal.  We had a young lady who had one leg shorter than the other for her entire life.  About an 1.5 inches.  A few of the staff and students surrounded her, marked two lines directly across from each other on each leg to mark where they would begin from, and then they began to lay hands and pray over her.  As soon as they started praying, her leg began to grow!  The mark on her left leg ended up being lower than the mark on her right leg by an inch and a half!  Her legs were now even.  She went crazy!!  We then began to pray over a wonderful lady who has been diagnosed with brain cancer.  She had to wear a hearing aid because the tumor had caused her hearing to cease.  As we prayed over her, she regained about 25% of her hearing in her ear!  This is miraculous in itself because the inner workings of the ear could not work because of the tumor.  We believe that the tumor is being diminished with each prayer.  This was a great start for her and the team around her (19-25 year olds) committed that moment to be her healing team until she was fully healed.

This school came together and there was such a true unity and love there for one another when I left.  I am sure of this: I was blessed more by this crew than I could have imagined.  Week 2 was amazing.  Thank You guys for having me, and Lord, thank You for giving me such an amazing journey!!

No comments:

Post a Comment